Top 10 [Classes]
Although its a little scary to think about, I’m about to complete my 4th semester of college. Its a time where i’ve had to look back on the classes i’ve taken and forward to the classes still to come. Looking back, i have some great memories of classes i enjoyed as well as classes i hope to forget about. Without further blah-blah, here are my top 10 favorite classes ive taken thus far.
10. Intro to Engineering. First semester freshman year. 8am. It was then that I first learned to sleep in class. Easy A.
9. Calculus 2. I took this over the summer back home rather than at Harding. I hated having class from 6-9pm twice a week, but it was one of the best decisions i’ve ever made in college.
8. Materials and Manufacturing. My first real engineering course. More importantly, this is when i established “my seat” in which i have sat in 4 subsequent classes.
7. Life of Christ. It was in this class that i met be roommate Benji, and one of my good friends Sophie. Without them, i dont know how i could have managed that 7:30am class.
6. Dynamics. Probably the hardest class i’ve had yet. Hours and hours of studying pays off.
5. Statics. The pre-req to dynamics. It was this class that taught me how to appreciate Dr. Miller, who is now one of my favorite teachers.
4. Circuits. Somehow i pulled off a 90 on the first test when the average was around 60. (that never happens to me)
3. Calculus 1. It wasn’t until i took calc 1 the second time that i really understood it and did well. Dr. Priest is possibly my favorite teacher at harding. Unlike any other science teacher i’ve had, he would pray at the beginning of class, which i loved. He also knew the math so well, and was one of the most caring teachers i’ve ever had.
2. Honors New Testament. Dr. Thompson was incredible. He knows the NT so well, but cared so much. We always had plenty of great discussion in class. He even invited us over to his house one sunday. He was so personable and generous.
1. History of Missions. Although he is a challenging teacher, Dr. Diles is very smart, and has lots of experience as a missionary. The class has taught me so much about missions and inspired me to be more passionate about mission work. Although i probably wont make an A in the class, it has changed my life in a way no other class has.
(oh yeah i have a quiz in this class in 25 minutes.)